What To Do After An Accident Injury
1) Don’t talk to the insurance companies. After an injury, you can expect an insurance adjuster to contact you within 24 hours. YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE A STATEMENT. It is important to know that these adjusters are trained on interviewing tactics, and they will push hard to get a statement from you. To prohibit them from interrogating your further, politely inform them that “your attorney will be contacting them. Also, all further information should be direct to your attorney.” Don’t ever talk with them without your attorney on the phone with you.
2) Take LOTS of pictures. You or someone close to you should take photographs of the accident scene to document the accident and injury. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, take photos of your injuries, the damage to your car and any other property, and the location of the accident.
3) Keep a journal of your medical care. Have a loved one who is caring for you keep a journal of your doctors, the diagnosis, recommendations, medications, and treatment.
4) Get information from witnesses. Get as much contact information as you can. Remember that we need to talk to witnesses as soon as possible.
5) Meet with an attorney. It is important to meet with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the
6) Go to the hospital or your doctor immediately. Many times clients do not realize they were injured for hours or days later. It is imperative that you receive proper medical care and follow through with all of your physician’s treatment recommendations. Meet with an attorney — I will meet with you at the hospital or your home while you are recovering.
Contact me Benham Sims, for trusted advice and counsel following any personal injury or wrongful death in Louisville, Kentucky, and the surrounding areas. I have practiced law for more than 27 years, and I can help you through this difficult time. You may be entitled to a range of damages for your personal injury, including compensation for lost wages, medical bills, property damage, pain and diminished future income.
Jefferson County Lawyer: Auto Accidents, Medical Malpractice And More
I will vigorously work to protect my clients’ rights and to ensure they receive maximum compensation for injuries involving:
- Car accidents truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip-and-fall accidents on unsafe property
- Injuries caused by unsafe products (product liability)
Top Attorney For Exposing Deceptive Defense Doctors
I worked with some of the most recognized lawyers in this area of the country. I’m fortunate to have a sister, Dorothy Clay Sims, who is an AV-rated’ attorney. Most recently, Dottie served as one of the attorneys in what many have called the Trial of the Century, the State of Florida v. Casey Anthony. The defense team won an acquittal, despite the prediction of many media pundits. My sister’s role was to attack the questionable science the prosecution was trying to introduce.
I am a dedicated Louisville personal injury lawyer, and I strive to make myself available to clients at all times. To schedule a free consultation, contact me online. Or you can call my office at (502) 589-6190 or (502) 648-1759 (text after hours).
*Services May Be Performed by Others.