Benham Sims: Criminal Defense Lawyer in Louisville
When you are charged with a crime, your life is in turmoil. I am attorney Benham Sims, and I want to help you. I have more than 27 years of criminal law experience. The knowledge and perspective I have gained during my time as a judge, trial prosecutor, special prosecutor and special public defender will greatly benefit you as I work to minimize your charge and the penalties you face. I understand what you are up against and am dedicated to helping you in any way I can. Contact me today for a free consultation.
I have represented, prosecuted and presided over thousands of cases and local courts. I have also won state awards as a prosecutor, authored prosecutor and defense attorney trial manuals, and served as an instructor for police agencies and other attorneys. Many people have questions about attorney fees. My clients receive an exceptional value for their money — high-quality legal representation at reasonable rates. To learn more about my professional and personal background, I invite you to review my profile.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers Award 2016
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers Award 2013
- Louisville Magazine Top Lawyers Award 2012
- Former Jefferson County District Judge
- Fraternal Order Of Police: Prosecutor Of The Year
- Kentucky Prosecutors Association “Outstanding Public Servant” Award
- MADD AWARD For Service As Special Counsel To Kentucky DUI Task Force
- Author Of Kentucky Prosecutor’s DUI Trial Manual
- Benham Sims Appointed By Governor Steve Beshear As A Special Justice To The Kentucky Supreme Court
- University of Louisville School of Law
- University of Kentucky School of Law
If you or a family member are facing criminal charges or questions about expunging your record, contact me online. Or you can call my office at (502) 589-6190 or (502) 648-1759 (text after hours). Your first consultation is free.